A number of important and interesting conferences are convening in Dublin this Summer, highlighting a range of inorganic, supramolecular and nano-scale chemistry.
2014 Ireland-China ISCP Consortium Symposium on Nanoscience : 12 – 14 May 2014
Further Details & Registration Links can be found at the ISCP Website.
5th Joint CSJ RSC Symposium on Supramolecular Chemistry : Royal Society of Chemistry & Japanese Chemical Society : 1 July 2014
“The Chemical Society of Japan (CSJ) and Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC) have collaborated on several successful joint activities in recent years including four symposia (2007 in Osaka, 2008 in Belfast, 2010 in London and 2013 in Kyoto). As part of the symposium in London in 2010 an International Co-operation agreement was signed between the two societies. In 2014 the CSJ and RSC are organising a 5th Joint symposium between the CSJ and RSC in Dublin, Ireland on the topic of supramolecular chemistry. This meeting will take place before the start of the ‘Challenges in Inorganic and Materials Chemistry’ ISACS13 conference.”
- Dr Thomas Bennett, University of Cambridge – Amorphous metal-organic frameworks: structure, properties and applications
- Dr Yoshinori Takashima, Osaka University- Title to be confirmed
- Dr Kim Jelfs, Imperial College London – Molecular prediction of porous organic molecules
- Dr Rie Makiura, Osaka Prefecture University – Title to be confirmed
- Dr Wolfgang Schmitt, University of Dublin, Trinity College – Supramolecular approaches to nanoscopic coordination cages, clusters and high-surface area coordination networks
- Dr Takashi Uemura, Kyoto University – Title to be confirmed
Further Conference Details can be found at the RSC Website.
ISACS13 : Royal Society of Chemistry : 1 – 4 July 2014
“Challenges in Inorganic and Materials Chemistry will be the follow-up event to successful conferences ISACS 3 and ISACS 8 held in 2010 and 2012 respectively, by bringing together leading scientists from across the world to share scientific developments….
…. This conference will bring together world leading experts from several disciplines and encourage the cross fertilization of ideas. Extensive poster sessions will form a key part of the symposia and there will be questions after each talk.”
- Louise Berben, University of California, Davis, USA
- Guy Bertrand, University of California, San Diego, USA
- Chi-Ming Che, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Luisa De Cola, University of Strasbourg, France
- Liang Deng, Shanghai Institute of Organic Chemistry, China
- Kim Dunbar, Texas A&M University, USA
- William Evans, University of California, Irvine, USA
- Susumu Kitagawa, Kyoto University, Japan
- Chris Orvig, University of British Columbia, Canada
- David Parker, Durham University, UK
- Matt Rosseinsky, University of Liverpool, UK
- Doug Stephan, University of Toronto, Canada
- Andy Weller, University of Oxford, UK
- Mike Zaworotko, University of South Florida, USA & University of Limerick, Ireland
- Stephen Mann, University of Bristol, UK
Conference Details, Invited Speakers etc. can be found at the RSC Website.
Also of note: CRANN hosting Flatlands2014 – Beyond Graphene – http://flatlands2014.com/